january 2007

i just started this blog, everything is written in a nonsensical manner b/c right now im just posting photos and typing notes about what to write later. but thanks for looking, whoever is looking and do check me out couple months from now when im more together.

Thursday, January 4, 2007

my first painting

Sha Curington
title here
XX inches x XX inches
oil on canvas
199...
******
This self portrait is one of my first paintings. i was only just getting familiar with paint and how to use it; this was the painting that made me like painting. my drawing is pretty bad: the proportions are weird, i dont have quite as much an alien forehead in real life, and the colors are off, i didnt paint myself quite so blue. i will complain of course that this photo doesnt do the painting justice, but it's pretty close. i remember being amazed at how i made my mouth and chin have definition, and the rough unpolished stilo of the shirt im wearing dims down to bring more attention to the face. im so cute.

No comments: