january 2007

i just started this blog, everything is written in a nonsensical manner b/c right now im just posting photos and typing notes about what to write later. but thanks for looking, whoever is looking and do check me out couple months from now when im more together.

Thursday, January 4, 2007

last portrait

Sha Curington
title here
XXin x XXin
oil on canvas
199?
*****
last portrait i did, night before, felt lame for just doing another self portrait, hit an art epiphany, to show something of myself without actually painting my face dont konw why it took so long. this was the one that made me feel like a real painter. the figures i pulled off of a business card from dr jefe's which was one of if not the first piercing salons in san diego. the black pin cushio people are covering up some swiss cheese i painted there, b/c i realized that cheese was a stupid idea. all that canvas was so intimidating, but i wanted to paint big b/c the prof suggested it of all students. where came idea of breaking up the space in parts and do each part instead of worrying about the whole thing. is there cohesiveness here? did i get it later?

1 comment:

njeanty said...

This is one of the ones I would like to 'hold' for you. I think the red will go well with the overall theme in my house.